There is a certain kind of fulfilment that comes with finding that important thing for which you have been searching. Similarly, making great choices gives a lasting fulfilment that continues long after your decision has been made.
For a Higher Education Institution (HEI), it is quite common to come to a crossroads where taking the path leading to success is the utmost priority. One of these such junctures comes when searching for an online application system. As a crucial tool for engaging in the global market for students, HEIs need a capable, hands-on partner delivering this platform. In searching for an application management system, here are some things to keep in mind:
Much in the way of trying on a variety of shoes to ensure a proper fit, HEIs should review multiple options to ensure they have the right online platform.
Here are some things to consider concerning potential partners:
- What do you need an application management system to collect from potential students (passport details, test scores, recommendations, motivational letter, etc.)?
- What tasks would you like to associate with the admissions process (invoice payment, class size monitoring, interviewing, etc.)?
Knowing exactly what you want will be helpful in choosing from the wide variety of providers and their unique and diverse systems.
Just as when you go shopping for groceries and clothes, you enter the store with a budget and plan. The same should be the case when choosing an online application management system. Having a set budget will help you streamline your search towards partners that will be willing to accommodate your economical situation.
As anyone who has ever tried to furnish a room knows, there’s a reason IKEA is usually the cheapest option. Much like DIY furniture, an admission system can require extra work and customisation before it’s ready for use. Given your available resources (IT, support, etc) the feasibility of additional work should be considered. Additional elements related to the delivery concern:
- Implementation time. How long before all users are onboarded
- Simplicity. Will it be easy for future, new users to learn from existing users?
- Flexibility. Do you need a system that is flexible with regards to strategic changes and redefinitions?
- Adaptability. Can you choose what elements you need and adjust standard features? In the future, can you add additional features?
- Future developments. Does your provider take client feedback to produce changes and improvements?
- Support. Will you be offered technical and administrative support?
- SaaS solution or something else. Are you getting a cloud-based or in-house solution?
When you consider all these factors, it becomes easier to choose a solution that best suits your institution. While it may not solve 100% of your problems, working with a reliable system developer typically delivers the best results. As effective partnerships are not easily established, it’s important to take time and shop around before selecting. Once you have commenced the partnership process, changing a new partner could be daunting and time-consuming.
At DreamApply, we have been developing our system continuously for nearly a decade. We keep close working relations with our customers and clients to better understand and meet the growing needs of today’s HEIs. We can help you figure out how well our system fits your needs and how we can improve your application management processes.
Our experiences include:
- Review of the institution’s process to find out areas that can be improved while addressing the factors that make applicants drop off in the process.
- Working in collaboration with the client to set up the best process that will be effective for their institution and streamline the system.
- Starting and completing a high-tech configuration process tailor-made to suit the complexity of the system. This process is thorough, and when completed to desired standard, you can manage tens of thousands of applications with DreamApply.
- Training dedicated support managers who will oversee these changes.
Give your institution the facelift it needs today. Partner with DreamApply.
Read how Stipendium Hungaricum received 70 documents – per second!
This post is a follow-up to our previous article where we showed that
Can you guess how many applications it takes to find a new student?
Background: International education is growing every year as more and more institutions and
In today’s world, we all rely more and more on technology. People have
In a fast-growing, global village, there has to be an effective and efficient