See it live: https://apply.izu.edu.tr/
Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University was established by qualified scholars to provide quality education with the aim of contributing to the development of society and humankind. IZU aims to be one of the world’s prominent and comprehensive universities. Its strengths are in the areas of social sciences and humanities as well as having great engineering and architecture departments.
IZU started working with DreamApply in 2017. Investing in a well-functioning and user-friendly application system was the first step they took for internationalization. Since then, this forward-thinking university has been able to grow internationally in a quite impressive way.
How were things done before DreamApply?
Before implementing DreamApply, we had an in-house developed system. The previous system worked fine; but it did not offer much functionality. Our number of applications were increasing and it was easy to foresee that we would need a better one.
Why did you decide to use DreamApply as your application management system? Did the system fulfil all expectations that were promised by the DreamApply team?
In our internationalization strategy, we had three main priorities:
- Grow the number of enrolled international students
- Increase the quality of international students and applicants, in order to reach our ideal candidates
- Increase our financial gain
IZU is a unique institution in the sense that it truly aims to deliver the best academic education to as many students as possible while aiming to recruit bright minds. The flexibility of DreamApply enables us to tailor it in a way that it serves our unique, international student recruitment policy.Therefore, we wanted to achieve the points above without putting too much weight on our already busy staff. We wanted to make the investment on our side, at the same time without spending too much on an IT solution for that.
How have the results been with DreamApply?
- Compared to last year, our international applicants have grown by +96% and our enrolled international students have grown by +46%.
- We have been able to be more selective among our applicants. In the end, we are enrolling only the students that we believe are a good fit for our academic experience. We are also happier with the quality of their studies and cultural background.
- We have been able to lower the fee waivers and scholarships offered to applicants, while actually growing the number of enrolled students. For us, this has meant growing our financial gain. This is very important for us, being a foundation university.
- Lastly, our response time has decreased compared to the past and to the time other universities take to respond. We take less than a month to send an official response to our applicants. This makes them feel welcomed by our institution and keeps them engaged throughout the overall, application process. IZU is now among that small percentage of universities that takes very little time to officially respond to a foreign application.
Inside the DreamApply platform, we have discovered which marketing campaigns are working better for us, specifically. We have discovered that in our case, a good combination of personal references, study fairs, and online marketing works wonders.
Read how Tempus Public Foundation received more than 28 000 appications and increased the efficiency of staff by 40%.
Read how DreamApply simplified funnel management.
Read how DreamApply’s features made processes easier for both applicants and staff.