In 2016, the European Union approved the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that will enter into force starting in May 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation affects the entire society, every enterprise, organisation and authority, and gives people more control over the information they provide about themselves.
The main purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- give individuals control of their personal data
- facilitate cross-border business by harmonising European Union legislation
- offer new opportunities for providing a better service and
- make organisations more transparent
More information about the changes can be found on the website of the European Commission.
What does it mean for DreamApply?
- Students providing their data via the DreamApply system must be provided with comprehensible information on how and for what purpose we use the information in our possession at.
- Individuals have the right to ask to delete information about them
- and / or transfer it to another company or organisation.
DreamApply has been working hard to comply with the upcoming changes and will continue to do so until the new laws take effect. We have already done a lot of changes in the infrastructure and in our backend.
Features already implemented within DreamApply that are moving us towards full compliance with the new EU GDPR are as follows:
- Creating consents in your system: The article “What are conditions? How do I add new conditions?” will provide you with guidance.
- Customize expiry date of shared application links: It is now possible to manage how you wish to share these links and for how long they will be valid. Learn more here: “Shareable links for student’s applications”.
In case you should have any questions or concerns regarding the upcoming changes, please feel free to reach out to Kaisa in the DreamApply Client Happiness Team.
Read how Stipendium Hungaricum received 70 documents – per second!
This post is a follow-up to our previous article where we showed that
Can you guess how many applications it takes to find a new student?
Background: International education is growing every year as more and more institutions and
There is a certain kind of fulfilment that comes with finding that important
In today’s world, we all rely more and more on technology. People have